Wherever you are on life's journey, you are welcome here
The United Church of Christ strives to be a place where every person is valued for the particular gifts and life story that is uniquely his or her own.
We are glad that you have found the website of the First Congregational Church in beautiful Holliston, Massachusetts.
We hope that your visit here will give you a taste of what we are about and that you will feel personally invited to come and worship with us on Sunday morning at 10:00 AM.
We are a congregation who actively seeks to incorporate the gospel message of love, compassion and hope into our daily lives. We are diverse in our thinking, yet bound by our desire to become more faithful disciples of Jesus and bring his message of inclusivity and joy to God’s creation. There are no creeds you must adhere to in order to feel at home here.
At FCC, we approach faith with an open heart and mind believing that God is, as the UCC motto proclaims, “still speaking,” in ways that make a very ancient faith vibrant and relevant for living in today’s world. We look forward to seeing you soon and greeting you in person!
Rev. Bonnie Steinroeder
Healing ministry's supper to go!
Kick back and enjoy the “kick off” with our homemade kicking chili and corn bread!
Here is your chance to support FCC’s Healing Ministry program while watching the Patriot’s vs. the Bronco’s in the comfort of your home on Sunday, November 2nd.
For less than $20 you can take home dinner and feed a family of four with chili and Linda Towle’s famous corn bread.
Chili choice: Vegetarian $10 per Qt. or Meat $12 per Qt., Cornbread $6 per pan
You must order in advance and you can pick up/pay for your items at coffee hour on November 2nd
Save The Date! Nov. 15th – Stewardship Dinner/Auction
1. First, please donate a bottle of wine (or two) for this wonderful event. Donations can be left at coffee hour or in the church office.
2. Second, buy raffle tickets at $5.00 each or 5 for $20.00 – available at coffee hour or see Paula anytime the church office is open. Take a book or two and sell to your friends!
3. Cash or checks made out to FCC with “raffle” in the memo line
4. Tickets will be on sale until the night of the Auction. The drawing will be held at the dinner on Nov. 15th, the winner does not need to be present.
5. The FCC member/family that sells the most books of tickets will receive one free ticket to the Auction dinner. Simply take a book of tickets, sell your tickets and return the book with the sold tickets, money and your name written on the back cover of the booklet. Drop booklets at coffee hour or in the mailbox outside of Paula’s office by Nov. 10th.
Dinner Tickets will be available at $25 pp at coffee hour.
There will be a silent auction and a live auction the night of the dinner, so please consider donating an item and join us for a wonderful evening!
Save The Date! November 15th …….. more details to follow!
FCC receives grant
The First Congregational Church of Holliston has received a grant of $25,000 to enable its minister, Bonnie
Steinroeder, to participate in the 2014 National Clergy Renewal Program funded by the Indianapolis-based
Lilly Endowment Inc. and administered by Christian Theological Seminary. For more information, download this pdf.
We are an Open and Affirming Church
If you are new to the area and looking for a spiritual home, come and visit us.
Our Visitors page tells you more about us and what our Worship is like. We look forward to meeting you!
We are at:
725 Washington Street
Holliston, MA 01746
Worship is at 10 AM
Directions to the Church
Visit our page for updates on our activities.
Please keep these friends in your prayers this week: